Johnson Hardwood is one of the leading manufacturers of premium hardwood flooring with distribution to the United States and Canada. We produce on-trend, high-demand flooring options by sourcing durable hardwood species from around the globe. Our products are recognized for their affordability and superior quality. Plus, we offer the highest standards of worry-free floors in the industry being CARB II and Lacey Act compliant. Each flooring plank is precision milled, hand crafted, and hand stained to produce an exquisite product. Johnson Hardwood floors are manufactured with the greatest care and backed by a warranty that assures complete satisfaction.
The Johnson Hardwood manufacturing process starts by sourcing wood species with grain patterns that flooring customers are looking for. Color and wood specie trends are researched by our product development team to create natural looking premium hardwood flooring options for our customers. From contemporary to traditional and dark wood to natural colors, we keep our customer interior design needs in mind by providing a wide variety of flooring options.
Whether exotic or domestic, Johnson Hardwood travels the globe in search of unique grain patterns, durable woods, and responsibly harvested trees. Harvested wood is cut into planks and hand carved for a custom floor look. Wood planks are then hand stained to ensure even coloring while allowing the natural wood color variation to come through. The finished product has the look of a custom hardwood floor while at an affordable price. Johnson Hardwood adheres to anti-dumping and sustainable tree harvesting practices with a commitment to preserving forest ecosystems.
Johnson Hardwood produces high quality; on-trend flooring that is selectively harvested from countries all around the world. Whether lumber is harvested from our own forestlands, or sourced from our supply partners, Johnson Hardwood is committed to supporting Sustainable Forestry Practices. Which means that we are dedicated to preserving healthy forest ecosystems, did you know that:
- 30 to 40% of our exotic lumber comes from aged or fallen timbers. Aging trees block the sunlight, and therefore limit the growth of younger, oxygen producing trees.
- Approximately 70% of our product line is engineered in construction. As compared to solids, this gives Johnson Hardwood a four to five times better yield on our valuable lumber.
- Our commitment to sustainable forestry practices that encompass not only the trees, but also the entire forest ecosystem.
- We employ a comprehensive supplier certification program for all sourced lumber. This helps to insure that our suppliers demonstrate their commitment to environmentally conscious timber procurement.
- We generate much of our steam/electricity requirements by burning our recycled wood scraps reducing our carbon footprint.
- We process 100% of our recovered sawdust into highly efficient heating pellets that are used by the local communities.
- Being a California based company, we strictly adhere to all local and state guidelines regarding waste disposal, recycling, building efficiency improvements, and proper fuel/chemical storage procedures.
Yes, we make beautiful floors, but did you know:
- The adhesive used in our engineered floors meets the stringent German E-1 standard for Formaldehyde emissions
- We use only water based finishes on all of our products.
- Johnson Hardwood engineered products are available, on a special order basis, with a core adhesive which meets the criteria for LEED IEQ 4.4, Low Emitting Materials.
- Johnson Hardwood realizes that environmental stewardship is our responsiblity as a manufacturer, and is an ongoing process that continually needs to be improved upon.